- Water – 1 cups & 2 tbsps
- Corn oil – 1 tbsp
- Butterscotch syrup (or maple syrup) – 1/3 cup
- Bread flour (high-protein flour) – 3 cups
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 2 tsps
- Instant yeast – 2 & 1/4 tsps
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Cranberries + raisins – 1 cup
Using the SKG3920 breadmaker, these are the steps:
- Set to 9. MIX function (15 min).
- Remove dough from baking pan & divide them 12 equal size small ball.
- Place them on greased baking tray. Put it inside oven to proof (1 hr, place a bowl of hot water together with dough inside the oven, electricity off) – dough will double in size.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 mins (200C).
A. ‘Pineapple crust’:
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 3/4 cup cake (low protein) flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
B. For the dough:
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 331g bread (high protein) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 1/2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
C. For the char siu filling:
- 300g char siu pork
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
I know, it’s a lot of ingredients to prepare 😓
- First, make the pineapple crust.
- In a large bowl, cream the unsalted butter until pale and creamy. Add the egg yolk and coconut cream, and beat the mixture until thick and smooth. Add the low protein flour, icing sugar, custard powder, baking soda and baking powder, and mix until everything comes together into a dough.
- When well combined, the dough is bit sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Next, make the dough.
- Using SKG bread maker, choose function 10. Dough.
- Put all ingredients B (follow sequence above) into bread pan (except butter) and press start.
- Put in butter when machine stop for the first rest and wait till the process completed.
- Prepare the filling. Finely dice the pork, then heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the pork, along with the rest of the ingredients except the cornstarch and water (sugar, salt, white pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, and rice wine) and cook briefly, until ingredients combine. Turn the heat to medium-low, then add the cornstarch mixture and continue to stir until the pork mixture thickens and can be mounded. Let cool.
- Take out the dough from bread maker and punch the air out, and divide into about 16 pieces.
- Roll one piece out (keeping the others covered with a damp towel or plastic wrap) and place about a tablespoon of filling in the center. Pleat however you like, just make sure it’s sealed, then place it seam down on a cupcake paper.
- Place all on baking tray and let it sit in oven for second rise. (1 hr, electricity off, place one bowl of hot water in oven).
- Prepare the crust dough. You can either roll out the dough and cut out circles, or pinch off small balls of dough and roll them into circles.
- Place a circle of dough over each bun, pressing down gently to contour the crust around the dough. The circle does not need to cover the entire bun.
- When they’re all capped with their crust hats, bake for 16-18 min, or until golden-brown and puffed. Enjoy warm.
Pineapple crust wrap in plastic bag and put in fridge for easy moulding later.
The pineapple crust is not too easy to work with.
Its sweet as I am using honey sweet char siu sauce 😉 Complete recipe:
- High protein flour 200g
- Sugar 25g
- Egg 1
- Milk 115g
- Yeast 1 tsp
- Butter (unsalted) 25g
- Salt 1/4 tsp
B. Chicken meat filling
- Chicken breast meat 300g (cut into small cube) – OR pork if you like
- Char siu sauce 2 tbsps
- Dark soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsps
- White pepper 1/2 tsp
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated chicken cube; cook until done. Cool slightly; shred meat with 2 forks. Place chicken in a medium bowl.
- Place all DOUGH ingredients into bread pan and set to function 10. Dough (1.5 hrs) and let the bread maker do the work.
- Remove dough from bread pan, deflate and divide into equal 7 portions (about 60g each).
- Roll each dough piece into a circle on a lightly floured surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture into center of each dough circle. Gather edges of dough over filling; pinch to seal.
- Place the filled dough, seam sides down, on a cupcake paper and then baking tray.
- Place the baking tray inside oven together with a bowl of hot water and let rise (1 hr) – electricity off.
- Egg wash the surface of each filled dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 mins (at 180C).
- Bon appetite!
Fully baked after 18 mins.
Soft bread which goes well with meat floss, jam, etc 🌭
- Water 160g
- Olive oil 30g
- Salt 2g
- Sugar 25g
- Yeast 5g
- Bread (high protein) flour 300g
- Milk powder 20g
- Nestum 30g
- Place all ingredients into bread pan and set function 10. Dough (1.5 hrs).
- Remove dough from bread pan, deflate and divide into equal 8 portions (about 72g each).
- Shape it into rectangular shape and place inside a baking tray.
- Place the baking tray inside oven together with a bowl of hot water for proofing (1 hr) – electricity off.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 mins (at 180C).
- Enjoy 🥖
Never thought that making meat floss could be this easy. 5 ingredients needed, besides pork that you need to buy fresh from the butcher (or meat that left from the soup you cooked last night) the rest of the ingredients just come in handy.
- 500g lean pork
- 30g oyster sauce
- 10ml soy sauce
- 80g sugar (or less)
- 50g butter
- Cut pork into cubes & boil for 1 hour.
- Cool down the meat for 30 mins.
- Place the meat in a zipper bag, roll with a rolling pin – into meat floss.
- Put the meat floss & ingredients 2-5 into SKG bread maker
- Set function 13. Jam and wait for it to bake in 1 hr 20 mins. Repeat function 13 and bake for another 1 hr 20 mins.
- Enjoy your meat floss with bread, porridge, etc ✌🏻