Its sweet as I am using honey sweet char siu sauce 😉 Complete recipe:
- High protein flour 200g
- Sugar 25g
- Egg 1
- Milk 115g
- Yeast 1 tsp
- Butter (unsalted) 25g
- Salt 1/4 tsp
B. Chicken meat filling
- Chicken breast meat 300g (cut into small cube) – OR pork if you like
- Char siu sauce 2 tbsps
- Dark soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp
- Sugar 2 tbsps
- White pepper 1/2 tsp
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated chicken cube; cook until done. Cool slightly; shred meat with 2 forks. Place chicken in a medium bowl.
- Place all DOUGH ingredients into bread pan and set to function 10. Dough (1.5 hrs) and let the bread maker do the work.
- Remove dough from bread pan, deflate and divide into equal 7 portions (about 60g each).
- Roll each dough piece into a circle on a lightly floured surface. Spoon about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture into center of each dough circle. Gather edges of dough over filling; pinch to seal.
- Place the filled dough, seam sides down, on a cupcake paper and then baking tray.
- Place the baking tray inside oven together with a bowl of hot water and let rise (1 hr) – electricity off.
- Egg wash the surface of each filled dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 mins (at 180C).
- Bon appetite!
Fully baked after 18 mins.