Beware! This is a super soft potato bun recipe. You will fall in love and bake it over and over again 😉
- 80g milk
- 50g egg
- 80g mashed potato
- 50g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250g bread (high protein) flour
- 10g milk powder
- 3g yeast
- 25g butter
Custard topping (20g instant custard + 70g milk)
Using the SKG3920 breadmaker, these are the steps:
- Set function 10. DOUGH (1.5 hrs) – done first proofing
- Remove dough from baking pan, deflate & divide them into 50g small portion. (Tips: sticky dough, I dust my hand with flour to work with the dough)
- Shape it and place it on greased baking tray. Put it inside oven for second proofing (1 hr, place a bowl of hot water together with dough inside the oven, electricity off) – dough will double in size
- Egg wash and put some custard topping on dough.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 mins (150C).
- Enjoy it with your loved ones ❤️
3rd Mar 2017
A friend of mine has shared a simpler recipe. Dough is less sweet but with sweet custard topping 😉
Recipe for custard (makes a lot though 😅):
- Fresh milk 250ml
- Egg yolk 3
- Corn starch 25g
- Sugar 30g
Steps for making the custard:
- In a pot, mix 1-3 until well combined then add in sugar
- Put pot on stove to boil and stir until liquid thickened (became custard)
- Pour custard into a bowl and put aside. After cool down, can place custard into fridge for use later on.
Potato bun recipe:
- Potatoes purée 150g
- Fresh milk 180ml
- Milk powder 30g
- Sugar 20g
- Salted butter 30g
- Bread (high protein) flour 300g
- Yeast 4g
Steps using bread maker:
- Knead 30 min with function 11 (I am using SKG bread maker). Leave in bread pan for 15 min to rest.
- Remove sticky dough from bread pan, remove air and divide into equal portion of small ball (50g each).
- Proofing 1 hr in an oven (using method recommended above).
- Squeeze custard on top of the bun.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 20 min
* yes, this recipe only proof for one time ✌🏻 it taste and feel equally good as the first recipe. Enjoy ur bake ☺️