Made some plain butter cupcakes this evening. Using margarine instead of butter, the cake still taste good!
Ingredients (Makes 8):
- 90g margarine
- 70g caster sugar
- 1.5 eggs
- 0.5 tsp vanilla
- 90g self-raising flour
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Add margarine, caster sugar and vanilla, and stir to combine. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, until light and creamy.
- Mix flour + baking powder + salt, mix well with the margarine paste.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcakes papers.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until risen and firm to touch.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool fully.